Have you ever been out on the town, worn thin by a night of partying, and been like, “Man, I wish a monkey would just show up and give me a ride to Blue Martini”? Of course you have, and your prayers have been answered with the Monkey Shuttle, an over-sized golf cart whose express purpose is to whisk you absolutely anywhere in Downtown or Brickell, totally for free (god bless you, ad-supported ventures). Everything you ever needed to know about the Monkey Shuttle:
- It takes monkeys to outer space! Wait, that’s a lie. Basically a golf cart station wagon, the eco-friendly, battery-operated whip's big enough for six passengers and's stocked with plenty of cup holders for what're technically supposed to be non-alcoholic beverages.
- For now, it’s cruising the Downtown/Brickell streets from 11a-4p during the week, and on Fri/Sat from 7p-midnight.
- You can either call in advance to get picked up, or wait for it to roll by and just jump on it, Tanto. Kimosabe! Jump on it! Jump on it! Woooo!
- Partnerships with local vendors will soon get tunes bumping, which'll include mellow classics for the day, while night rides get a little more "upbeat"...Apache! Jump on it! Jump on it!
- Expect to see three or four more of these suckers in the next month, and before you know it, hours'll run until midnight every night, because you should be able to get whisked to Blue Martini late on Wednesday, too...Three Olives Ladies Night!!