9. "Rose Tattoo" actually sounds like classic Willie. Not that plaintive covers like “The Scientist” and “Rainbow Connection
” aren’t beautiful, but you'd much rather have this playing when you're chilling on the house boat with a 38-pack of Lone Star watching motorboats full of girls-going-wild go by.
10. Bitch all you want about “corporate this” and “corporate that”, but this was a product Willie believed in. You don’t spend years of your life traveling around in a bus getting all Willie’d up
and not love you some Taco Bell.
11. The woman who plays "The Woman With the Rose Tattoo" is really hot. So hot it doesn't matter that she never shows her tattoo, and probably doesn't even have one.
12. That dude's pretty hot too. You can't even find that particular model of hot dude anymore, because they stopped manufacturing it in 1993.
13. "Screw more cowbell
, I want more Bell
bell". Musical. Genius.
14. Put into early '90s context, this was less of a sell-out, and more an act of solidarity with contemporaries Johnny Cash
and... MC Hammer
! "Yo Hammer, I'm starving. Let's get some burgers." "Burgers?! Man, that's out the door!"
15. Willie's commercial spawned a totally YUM! sequel.