Add a little pig shoulder and belly to your pigskin with this Super Bowl recipe courtesy of Sunshine Tavern sous chef Jun Robles, who we got to break down just how easy it is to serve your party a bucket of shredded hog you can plop down on nachos or sliders.
Peep the vitals below, then hit the link at the bottom to watch these things get cooked up in photo-gasmic glory.
4lb pork shoulder cut into large chunks
6 strips of your favorite bacon, diced
6 cloves garlic, smashed
4 ancho chilis
2tbsp cumin, ground
2tbsp corriander, ground
3tbsp chili powder
Enough chicken stock to submerge all of it
YOU'LL NEED TO:
- Saute bacon, then dice it. Save the grease.
- Sear pork chunks in bacon fat.
- Dump all ingredients in a pot, submerge in chicken stock.
- Cover and simmer at low heat for 120mins, or until tender enough to pull apart with a fork. Then go screw around for a while.
- Strain the pork, pull it, and pile it high on nachos, sliders, or whatever else you like.