Wings prompt all kinds of difficult decisions. Do you go BBQ or Buffalo? Do you make a joke about Paul McCartney or Thomas Haden Church? These are debates that have befuddled man since the beginning of time, so to help provide at least a little clarity, here are the best of the best poultry limbs (well, the tinier ones) San Diego has to offer, in no particular order.
These are San Diego's best wings
1. Que Huong4134 University Ave, San Diego
2. Dirty Birds4656 Mission Blvd , San Diego
3. Phileas Foggs11385 Poway Rd, #100, San Diego
4. Royal Mandarin1132 E Plaza Blvd, National City
5. The Canyon Sports Pub & Grill421 Telegraph Canyon Rd, Chula Vista
6. Felix's BBQ With Soul342 Euclid Ave, San Diego
7. Brazen BBQ441 Washington St, Hillcrest
8. Riviera Supper Club7777 University Ave, La Mesa
Que Huong is a San Diego Vietnamese restaurant that's dishing out some of the best fish-sauced chicken wings in the city.
Dirty Birds offers 30 flavors of wings in a spot overlooking the Pacific, as well as several flatscreen TVs to monitor your favorite game.
Phileas Foggs is a British pub offering more than 250 imported and craft beers.
Royal Mandarin is a Chinese restaurant in National City that's known for its incredible chicken wings.
The Canyon Sports Pub & Grill is, well, a sports pub & grill in Chula Vista that's serving up some of the city's best hot wings.
Any place with a hickory wood-burning pit deserves to... cook amazing BBQ soul food in it. If you're feelin' manly, unbutton the top of those jeans and dig into a BBQ combo platter (1/4 rack & 1/4 BBQ chicken) or a sandwich that has slow-smoked chicken.
Brazen BBQ offers unique sandos like the culturally confused Texan/ Cuban “Lone Star” (smoked ham, pulled pork, pickled red onions, Swiss & Creole mustard) served alongside a spiced rum/ habanero/ pineapple/ ginger beer “Blazin' Sunrise” cocktail.