Celebrity designer. TV personality. Not Carson Kressley. All these accolades describe Jonathan Adler, who's now gracing Hen-Lake with the first MN installment of his homewares store so cheeky and guy-friendly, you'll be embarrassed not being seen there on a Saturday.
With 2780sqft of shelves stocking everything from trinkets, to lighting, to... shelves, Adler's mantra of "if your heirs won't fight over it, we won't make it" is heir-apparent on goods like the:
1. Boombox Match Strike: This porcelain number's so cool, it's really only appropriate to hold the kind that you can light off your shoe/stubble all badassly.
2. Brass Muse Bottle Opener: Hand-sculpted, then sand-cast in brass and hand-polished, this regal mustache'll open your bottle like Magnum PI's has so many legs.
3. Vices Vases: These circus-y ceramic jars are perfect for boasting the fact that you keep enough ganja, quaaludes, uppers, dope, or Thin Mints around to fill up an entire cookie jar.
4. Universal Phone Dock: Way, way cooler than their description of "tech-tastic!" would indicate, this rotary throwback will hold your cell while giving it a charge.
5. Zebra British Flag Rug: A reproduction hide of the Union Jack zebra that roamed Britain until over-hunting by flag-makers led to its extinction, this rug can actually be customized with a boatload of other sweet patterns you can see on their website -- you can't be seen there, but still.
Published: March 20, 2012 at 4:00am EDT
1439 W. Lake Street
Be the first to know about the newest restaurants, bars, & events in your hood.