As an adult, you require more from a tree fort than just a spot to stash your nudie magazines. Which is why we found the world's 10 coolest big-boy hideouts that're hung high in the trees and cobbled together with more than leftover wood scraps from behind Dad's shed.
The world's 10 coolest treehouse hotels
1. Treehoteledeforsvägen 2A, Harads
2. Free Spirit Spheres Inc.420 Horne Lake Rd.,,
3. TreeHouse point6922 Preston Fall City Rd SE, Issaquah
4. Bangkok Tree House60 Moo 1, Petch Cha Hueng Rd., พระประแดง
5. Inkaterra Reserva AmazónicaMadre de Dios River Km 15, Tambopata
6. Chateaux Dans Les Arbres24440 Nojals-Et-Clottes, Nojals-Et-Clottes
7. Finca Bellavista, Golfito
8. Sanya Nanshan Treehouse Resort and Beach Club, Hainan Islands
9. Huilo Huilo Biological Reserve, Panguipulli
10. Ariau Amazon Towers HotelRua Silva Ramos 20, Manaus
Treehotel's uniquely themed rooms are all located 20ft off the forest floor, and are each accessibly via retractable ladders; picture your childhood treehouse, only 10x better.
Ever wanted to spend the night suspended above the floor of a BC forest in a wooden sphere? If so, this is TOTALLY the place for you.
This unique bed and breakfast offers visitors six truly unique rooms, each located a fair few feet off the ground and accessibly via ladder or stairs.
Surrounded on all sides by mangrove palms and coconut plantations, Bangkok Tree House offers environmentally friendly accommodations to visitors from all over the world. The rooms are all located up in the trees, and there's even an in-house organic restaurant!
Catch some z's up in the trees at Inkaterra's one-room canopy tree house -- they even give you a walkie talkie to communicate with your very own Canopy Butler.
Located in the picturesque Dordogne, Chateaux Dan Les Arbres is South France's premier treehouse spot. This is the place to get away from it all.
This hideaway hotel located in a treehouse somewhere in Golfito is super secretive. Though the hotel won't give you a location until you make a reservation, it promises to be an experience like no other -- and will put your childhood treehouse to shame.
Smack dab on the Chinese island of Hainan, you'll find this secluded treehouse off the beach and near a bevy of temples and pagodas.
The Huilo-Huilo Biological Reserve is 232 square miles of Chilean forest dedicated to wildlife conservation and tourism -- plus, it has magical hotels shaped like mushrooms, inside trees, and mimicking magic mountains. How's that for a trip?