It's Worth Getting Sloppy For This Grilled Cheese Taco
Cinnamon Pork Chops with Spiced Pears
- For spiced pears:
- 4-6 ripe pears
- 6 tbsp. maple sugar (you can use brown sugar)
- juice of 1/2 of a fresh lemon
- 6 tbsp. of melted butter
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground clove
- 2 tbsp. spiced or dark rum
- 2 tbsp. of grenadine
- For pork chops:
- 4 bone in center cut pork chops
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt & cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- For pears, start by adding melted butter into a mixing bowl, now mix in maple sugar, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, vanilla extract, bourbon, lemon juice, and grenadine. Mix well and set to the side.
- Pull out stems on all the pears and cut them long way into halves. Take a melon baller or coring tool to remove seeds creating a divot being careful not to go all the way through. Take the other half of the lemon you used earlier, and rub the cut side of the lemon on the cut side of the pears to stop them from browning. Turn each pear to their rounded sides and trim off just enough to create a flat bottom so the pears will sit flat on a pan or cookie sheet. Fill each divot with the bourbon and sugar mixture making sure to coat all visible exposed pear on the cut side, and drizzle remaining mixture over the top.
- Place into a 250°F smoker/grill or oven and bake for 45 minutes to an hour or until pears are bubbly and tender to the touch. If you smoke the pears, do not add smoke until the last 10 minutes of cook time. They absorb smoke very easily and you just want a kiss of smoke, not a heavy smoke that will over power the flavor of the pear and mixture.
- As the pears are cooking, begin making the pork chops by mixing the brown sugar, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, and chili powder together to create the rub for the chops. Salt and pepper each side of the chops and put a liberal coating of the rub as well. When pears are within 10 minutes of being done, place the chops over a hot grill and cook each side for around 4 minutes, or until done to your preference.
- Serve Immediately and enjoy!