Barbacoa Beef Wraps
- 4 pounds beef roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ ounces rum
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 can chipotle in adobo
- 1 large can peeled tomatoes
- 3 teaspoons ground green paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2-3 tortilla wraps
- Homemade salsa, to taste (cilantro, tomatoes, cucumber, onions, lemon juice, all chopped and mixed)
- Charcoal pieces and cast iron pots, for Dutch oven
- Make The Seasoning: In a small mixing bowl, combine the green paprika, ground thyme, sugar, and cumin. Stir thoroughly until the mixture is even throughout.
- Rub the beef roast with the homemade seasoning, ensuring that the meat is evenly coated.
- Heat the Dutch oven over a "chimney" containing 8 pieces of charcoal, and add the olive oil, onions, and garlic cloves to the cast iron pot. Stir, and then add the rum, chipotle in adobo, canned tomatoes, and assorted bell peppers. Add the beef roast last, pressing down upon the contents underneath.
- Cover, and set 12-14 pieces of charcoal on the lid. Cook for 3 hours.
- Use a hand rake to pull the roast and further mix it with the sauce.
- Place the meat in a tortilla wrap and top with homemade salsa. Fold and serve.