Would you rent a car just because of its celebrity status?
Yes? Good, because now you can rent Silicon Valley incubator leader Erlich Bachman's personal car, a mid-2000s Ford Escape, thanks to a partnership with peer-to-peer car rental agency Turo. Beginning today, Erlich's Escape will be available to rent for the low, low price of $49/day, and the SUV will travel around the country in the coming months. As with any sharing-economy listing, there are some very Erlich caveats to renting Erlich's Ford, but all in all, the amenities sound quite enticing:
- "Unlimited mileage because if you are driving a piece of Silicon Valley history, you know no limits."
- "Leather seats that cradle your buttocks like the firm grasp of a loving mother."
- "Built-in AC power outlet for any sort of device one could imagine."
- "6 CD Navigation GPS radio with 4" display and ergonomic joystick-button selector that will make you feel like a god among men."
- "Please note there is NO SMOKING in the car, even on special occasions. This cannot be emphasized enough. You will be charged $250 for any smoking, even marijuana. Do you understand?"
The Aviato SUV is hardly the only notable vehicle on Silicon Valley -- in fact, the show’s writers appear to be car guys, because so many of the ribs and quips deal with cars and their owners.
Here are just a few of the notable cars driven on the show that we wish we could rent, besides that sweet Escape, obviously.