23 Things That Are Harder Than Changing Your Own Oil
If you're pretty sure that you love your car the way parents love their child, then you better give it the TLC it needs. Learning how to pop your own hood and throwing a quart of the stuff your car is craving is a whole lot easier than totally messing up your baby and having to get a new one. And you wouldn't walk away from your baby, would you? To prove it, we've compiled a list of 23 simple tasks that are actually way harder than lubing up your engine with a dipstick (head out of gutter, please).
1. Waking up without hitting snoozeUnless you're “self”-employed -- in which case… nope, no excuse, seriously, get up already, it’s noon -- on a Tuesday.
2. Making your bedChanging a duvet cover is like a full-body workout, and the corners never lineup properly no matter how hard you try.
Scientific fact: nine times out of 10, you end up looking like a mongrel.
3. Taking a selfie
4. Calculating the tip on your take-outWhat’s 18% of $22.50 again? You don’t want to get on the pizza guy's bad side when he's coming to your door five nights a week.
5. Mastering the art of the pick-up linePro tip. This one never works: "Is your name Google? Because you've got everything I'm searching for."
6. Getting Siri to tell you about the meaning of lifeHer (actual) answer: "I give up."
7. Putting the seat downWhat can we say -- it just always slips the mind…
8. Accepting defeatAs Rocky Balboa once said, "It ain't about how hard ya hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward."
9. Figuring out how to delete your teenage MySpace accountAnd God help anyone who finds your old Friendster account.
10. Getting a six-pack (at the corner store during a winter storm)Must. Get. Off. Couch.
11. Using SnapChat.
Face it: you're not a millennial.
12. Writing a check
What is paper, anyway?
13. Making spaghetti.
Why does the water take so long to boil? And why do the noodles always seem to come out the terrible combination of al dente/mushy. Shouldn’t it be one or the other?