For almost two decades, one actor has redefined the balance of power between performer and audience -- a thespianic dominatrix who will enslave your desires and make you wish he was your father, brother, best friend, and precocious toddler "Kevin Junior".
That actor is David Cross. Here's what he demands that you know about his new show:
• The show is called The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret.
• It premieres Friday, 10/1 on IFC at 10/9C
• Monsieur Cross plays an American pathological liar who bluffs his way into a senior sales job in the UK offices of Thunder Muscle, an "awesome new energy drink" so potent, it's "like drinking 10 lightnings".
• Margaret is a girl's name, but that's okay, because if your first name's "Todd" you're packing so much macho, you might as well call yourself "Thunder Muscle". Or "Raef".
• Will Arnett guest-stars. You'll like him -- he's funny, and may or may not have a Golden Globe.
• The theme song was written by Johnny Marr of The Smiths, who beat out both Loggins and Vangelis for the job.
Obviously, the Todd Margaret bandwagon runs on the power of thunder, and muscle. To jump on it, check out scads of preview clips at IFC.com. Then enter to win a Todd Margaret/Jones Soda Swag Bag -- it's no Thunder Muscle, but hey, sometimes you only need two lightnings.
Check out the clips at IFC.com; Then enter to win the Swag Bag -- you deserve it