The Sharknado Cocktail That Will Devour All Other Sharknado Cocktails
If you thought it was over…
If you thought you were safe…
If you thought that it couldn’t get more ridiculous than fighting sharks with lightsaber chainsaws in space…
You were wrong.
This Sunday at 8/7 central the SyFy channel debuts their latest masterwork, Sharknado: the 4th Awakens. Featuring the subtle and nuanced thespian work of David Hasselhoff, Gary Busey, Tara Reid and Ian Ziering, The 4th is set five years after the events of Sharknado 3, Oh Hell No and will pit the plucky sharknadites against new threats, from fire-nadoes to sand-nadoes. We have also been promised male strippers battling sharks with pelvic thrusts.
In honor of this masterpiece (some are calling it the Citizen Kane of weather horror), we created a cocktail to devour all other Sharknado cocktails . Sure, it’s a touch over the top and may be difficult to recreate at home, but if you believe in Sharknado, all things are possible.
FEEDING FRENZYBartools: Blender, toothpicks, bamboo skewers
Glassware: Extra Large Coupe
2 oz White Rum
1 oz Blue Curacao
2 oz Pineapple Juice
1 oz Coco Lopez
1 cup Crushed Ice
0.5 oz Hibiscus Grenadine
Cotton Candy (Garnish)
Plastic Toy Shark (Garnish)
Gummy Sharks (Garnish)
- In a blender, combine all ingredients except grenadine and garnishes. Blend until fully incorporated.
- Pour slush cocktail into a large coupe glass.
- With completely dry hands, form a large piece of cotton candy into an upside down pyramid. Attach gummy sharks to the tornado using toothpicks.
- Place sharknado on top of the cocktail and secure using bamboo skewers running from the top of the cotton candy into the cocktail. It will likely lean to one side. Place toy shark on rim of glass to help balance everything.
- Dribble grenadine around the rim of the glass and in shark's mouth.