Quality advertising is often described as a blend of artistry and science. Which in layman's terms translates to really, really f*cking hard.
The most ambitious advertising minds of our time made their living selling the idea of happiness to the general public, and alongside their natural talents, they developed a razor-sharp vantage point on how to live successfully. But what do I know, anyway? I'll let these guys do the talking...
Model, Influencer & Entrepreneur Lindsey Pelas Reveals Celebrity Pick Up Stories Leo Burnett Worldwide 1. "To swear off making mistakes is very easy. All you have to do is swear off having ideas." - Leo Burnett Brian Bloom 2. "Instead of wondering when your next vacation is, maybe you should set up a life you don't need to escape from." - Seth Godin SellorElse 3. "Develop your eccentricities while you are young. That way, when you get old, people won't think you're going gaga." - David Ogilvy DDbcol 4. "Any idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it." - William Bernbach AllanTYoung
5. "We’ve greatly exagerrated the risk of sinking, without celebrating the value of swimming." - Seth Godin Pubenstock
6. "Word of mouth is the best medium of all." - William Bernbach Productive! Magazine
7. "How dare you settle for less when the world has made it so easy for you to be remarkable." - Seth Godin Psycologiasprzedazy
8. "Where people aren't having fun, they seldom produce good work." - David Ogilvy Adsotak
9. "The difference between the forgettable and the enduring is artistry." - William Bernbach Leo Burnett Worldwide
10. "Creative ideas flourish best in a shop which preserves some spirit of fun. Nobody is in business for fun, but that does not mean there cannot be fun in business." - Leo Burnett 1911MainStreet
11. "If you want to be interesting, be interested." - David Ogilvy MadameLefigaro
12. "The cost of being wrong is less than the cost of doing nothing." - Seth Godin Thirteen.org
13. "The best ideas come as jokes, make your thinking as funny as possible." - David Ogilvy Marketing.blog
14. "Hard work never killed a man. Men die of boredom, psychological conflict, and disease. They do not die of hard work." - David Ogilvy Leo Burnett Worldwide
15. "Curiosity about life in all of its aspects, I think, is still the secret of great creative people." - Leo Burnett Ogilvy
16. "Never use jargon words like 'reconceptualize', 'demassification', 'attitudinally', 'judgmentally'. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass." - David Ogilvy AMC 17. "If you don't like what people are saying, change the conversation." - Don Draper
is a Staff Writer for Supercompressor. This article was brought to you, in part, by three cups of coffee and an anxious editor. Follow him Wil Fulton @WilFulton
Want more of the Culture you actually care about delivered straight to your inbox?
Click here to sign up for our daily email.