Food & Drink

This store has all of the booze

Drinking locally: it helps the planet, makes you look cool, and -- so long as you're not from Scharlachberg, Germany -- saves you from ever having to ingest Rumple Minze. Lucky for you, Hugo's makes it easy, as they hawk almost exclusively CO-made craft beer and liquor. Some knowledge

  • 70% of the beers are from Colorado brewers, while the other 30% are out-of-state crafts. You could say they're COhabitating, lol.
    • Every last bottle of liqueur and vino is from in-state distilleries and wineries.
    • Expect to see bottles/ cans from big guys like Oskar Blues & Left Hand, up-and-comers like Ska Brewing and Crazy Mountain, and total noobs like Renegade Brewing, who just recently began canning.
    • 2 Rivers leads the local wine cull, while hard booze counts everything from Stranahan's, to Leopold Bros, Dancing Pines, and 291 Distillery's aged whiskeys, previously not available in Denver.
      • Even the mixers are local, like margarita/ mojito/ jalapeno bloody mary bases from Top Shelf, also where a hilarious bartender would ironically keep his Rumple Minze in jest.