Team Valor’s mascot, as you may know, is Moltres, the legendary bird of fire. Their color, as you also may know, is red. The Valor Red cocktail combines both in an intriguing mixture of bitter Campari, zingy ginger liqueur, and rum, topped with a potent dollop of overproof white rum, which you then light on fire.
Moltres would definitely approve of this cocktail, but be careful—the drink will burn longer than you expect (think of it as a victory torch). And we shouldn’t have to tell you this, but don’t try to drink it until the flame goes out.
Here’s how you make it:
- 1.5 oz Campari
- 1 oz rum
- .5 oz ginger liqueur
- .5 oz overproof white rum
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Pour all ingredients, except the overproof white rum, into a mixing glass.
- Stir and strain into an Old Fashioned glass.
- Float overproof white rum on top and carefully light with a long lighter.
- Wait until the flame extinguishes before lifting to lips!*
*Also: have a fire extinguisher handy.