Here's an ultra-vivid cocktail from Denver speakeasy Retrograde. It's called Little Green Ghouls, Buddy!, and it's cool on so many levels: it comes from a bar that’s hidden behind a freezer door inside an ice cream shop; it features cucumber-juice ice cubes; it practically glows; it has a flaming garnish; and it tastes as good as it looks.
Beyond all that, its name comes from It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and it’s not hard to make (though you will need a juicer—or a conveniently located juice joint).
Here’s how to do it:
- Cucumber ice
- 2 oz gin
- 1 oz dry vermouth
- .5 oz fresh lime juice
- Tonic water, to top
- Rosemary sprig, for garnish
- To make the cucumber ice cubes, buy fresh cucumber juice, or juice 20 peeled and cleaned English cucumbers, and freeze in ice cube trays.
- To make the cocktail, pour gin, dry vermouth and lime juice into a Collins glass and stir.stir
- Add cucumber ice and top with tonic water.
- Garnish with flamed rosemary sprig.