You can spice up a Bloody Mary with all the horseradish you can fit in your glass, and you still won’t achieve the zing and complexity of a well-made Bloody Maria. Combining the peppery, vegetal notes of blanco tequila with tomato juice, hot sauces, and muddled jalapeño, this amazing spin on the traditional Bloody is a bold, savory flavor bomb. Perfect for Cinco de Mayo, or whenever you want a spicy eye-opener with serious depth of flavor.
Here’s the complete recipe:
- 2 oz tequila
- 4 oz tomato juice
- 1 jalapeño
- 2 pinches Tajin seasoning
- .5 oz fresh lemon juice
- .5 oz fresh lime juice
- 4 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 2 dashes Tapatio hot sauce
- 4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- Lime wedge, for garnish
- Lemon wedge, for garnish
- Hot and salted tamarind stick, for garnish
- Add tequila, tomato juice, jalapeño, Tajin, lemon juice, lime juice, Tabasco, Tapatio, and Worcestershire to a mixing tin.
- Muddle the jalapeño.
- Add ice and shake.
- Pour entire contents over fresh ice in a Collins glass.
- Add one more pinch of Tajin, and garnish with a lime wedge, lemon wedge, and tamarind candy stick.
Austin: The Ultimate Local's Guide