The traditional Caipirinha is a mix of muddled lime wedges and sugar, ice, and cachaça (a Brazilian sugar cane spirit)—and it’s built right in the glass. This sweeter spin on the original adds pineapple chunks to the mix, and—at least in our version—moves the cocktail construction to a shaker tin before straining it into the glass over fresh ice. This makes it a less chunky final product that’s easier to drink. Not that this tropical beauty is ever difficult to drink.
Here’s the recipe for our version:
- 2 oz cachaça
- Half a lime, cut into wedges
- 2 cubes of pineapple
- 1 tsp sugar
- Small pineapple wedge, for garnish
- Muddle the lime, pineapple and sugar in a shaker tin.
- Add cachaça and ice, and shake to combine and chill.
- Strain over fresh ice in a Lowball glass.
- Garnish with a pineapple wedge.
This Bubble Tea Is Set on Fire