Calle Ocho, Rony Seikaly, and a pop-up train station
- Rony Seikaly is spinning so kids become less poor, at the Little Lighthouse Foundation’s Hearts and Stars fundraiser Saturday. You can also peep the new Range Rover, a 156ft yacht, and half a mil worth of bling. Buy your first ticket to see Rony Seikaly since 1994
- Perhaps the world’s largest collection of girls in short spandex shorts and guys selling arepas will descend on Calle Ocho, Miami’s annual 23-block-long celebration, along SW 8th Street in Little Havana this Sunday. Vayate!
- The Purple Line mocks up a real live train station in Midtown, which is as close as Miami'll get to public transportation. Talib Kweli's playing at next-door The Stage Saturday night -- listen from the Purple or get discounted admission. See what else a fake train station might have.
- The Shore Club is bringing back the classic Shore Thing Pool Party this Sunday with DJ Irie, DJ Mateo Difontaine, and DJ Gunars poolside, plus a brunch and bottomless mimosas at Terrazza. The whole brunch menu is here
- Miami Film Month continues with $6 tickets at all the art theaters in town, and the Miami International Film Festival Pyrat Awards on Saturday at the Freedom Tower. Check the full lineup
- Get all-you-can-eat Feijoada Brasileira -- Brazil’s national dish, a stew of black beans and smoked pork, beef, and sausage -- at Tutto's Mare from 12-4p every Saturday, starting this particular Saturday. Check the rest of the menu here
- Love eating bugs/hate showering? Survivor's got an open casting call this Thursday at Gulfstream Park from 6-10p. Here's some things you can do while you're waiting in line