Ready to go from “guy who goes to bars” to “regular who’s in it for the long haul”? The first step is to man up and apologize to every bartender you’ve ever had for all the terrible things you’ve ever done. If any of these apply to you (we’ve all done some of them), hug your nearest bartender and say “I’m so, so sorry”.
1. I’m sorry I complained that my tab too accurately reflected the exact amount of alcohol I had ordered.
2. I’m sorry I expected to receive special treatment all night after sliding you not quite enough money for an egg salad sandwich from Starbucks.
3. I’m sorry I kept saying “Sorry!” for blocking the service station but never really moved out of the way.
4. I’m sorry I made out with that girl.
5. I’m sorry I made out with that girl several more times.