Bacon Infused St-Germain
- 1 1/4 parts Basil Hayden’s Bourbon
- 1 part St-Germain Liqueur infused with Applewood Smoked Bacon (recipe below)
- 1 part freshly squeezed and strained lemon juice
- 1/2 part diluted maple syrup (1:1 ratio of Vermont Grade-A Medium Amber Syrup to water)
- 1 dash Peychaud’s Bitters
- 1/4 part pasteurized egg white
- 9 thick slices of Applewood Smoked Bacon
- 2 750 ml bottle of St-Germain Liqueur
The Bacon Sour
- Cook bacon in the oven until it is crispy on the outsides but still chewy in the center.
- Place bacon on paper towel to remove some of the rendering.
- Place cooked bacon in a glass jar with two 750 ml bottles of St-Germain and allow it to infuse for 24 hours at room temperature.
- Remove bacon.
- Place liqueur in the freezer so renderings congeal and you can remove them.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer and cheese cloth to remove as much rendering as possible.
- Repeat freezer step if needed and strain again.
- Refrigerate until ready for use.
Have a favorite drink recipe you'd like to share? Email it to email@example.com
- Combine bourbon, bacon-infused St-Germain, lemon juice, diluted maple syrup, bitters, and egg white into a mixing glass and shake vigorously with ice.
- Strain over fresh ice into a double-old fashioned glass.
- Garnish with an orange slice and a piece of the St-Germain-infused Applewood smoked bacon.
Get 5 Katsu Sandwiches in One