7-Eleven's annual gift to the world, Free Slurpee Day, is now well underway. And as always, emotions are running high. So we took to Twitter to see exactly how people were handling the prospect of free small slushies at the home of the Big Bite. Based on our findings, any 7-Eleven cashiers still on shift should probably carry a tranq gun.
8. They immediately went on a liquid diet
Hopsy Gives You Fresh Beer From the Tap in the Comfort of Your Own Home
7. They remembered dark Free Slurpee Days of yore
6. They remembered happier Free Slurpee Days of yore
5. They got tech-savvy about it
4. They questioned their patriotism
3. They hung out with their seriously chill dentist
2. They got their freebie holidays mixed up
1. They planned the ultimate Slurpee route
Kristin Hunt is a food/drink staff writer for Thrillist, and will be out of the office on important business for the rest of the day. Follow her at @kristin_hunt.