1. Some drinks come with even more food! Olives, slices of orange, those weird little onions?
2. If you’re splitting the bill, and your buddy doesn’t order a drink, they have to pick up part of the cost. If they ask for $2 or whatever they’re a bad friend. DOUBLE WIN.
3. You can order a whole class of drinks during the day that would make you look like a crazy person any later (who orders a Screwdriver at night?).
4. Having a glass at lunch is a way easier method of getting some health benefits at work than buying a stupid standing desk.
5. You went so far as to order a steak. Are you really going to sully that cow’s memory with a soda? Those two things start with “s” and that’s about all they should ever have in common.