Boozier than the Stanley Cup (barely) and more refined than King's Cup, the World Beer Cup has been handing out coveted trophies to the globe's breweries since 1996. This year's edition -- featuring nearly a 100 categories -- just wrapped up, and lots of your favorites went home as winners. Some notable prizes included:
- Lagunitas getting top honors in session beer for their DayTime Ale
- Pabst Old Style being crowned the #1 American-style cream ale
- The holiday beer to rule them all, Jewbelation, scoring silver in wood- and barrel-aged sour beer
- Coors Light, Miller Genuine Draft, and Coors Banquet rounded out the American-style lager category
- The people who brought us Breaking Bad beer winning best Kellerbier/Zwicklebier
- Willoughby Brewing taking gold in specialty beer for their Peanut Butter Cup Coffee Porter
- Our old pal Green's dominating the gluten-free competition
General brewery awards also went to Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant, Pelican Pub & Brewery, Coronado Brewing Company, Blind Tiger Brewery & Restaurant, and Coors Brewing Company. But there are way more champions than the ones we just listed, which you can read on this enormous master list here. Hopefully with one of the chosen beers in hand.
Kristin Hunt is a food/drink staff writer for Thrillist, and she believes you are all winners. Follow her to sudsy trophies at @kristin_hunt.