An Italian chop house, a vintage video game contest, and, of course, a St. Patty's Day pub crawl
- Club it out harder than St. Pat did with the snakes at the Dream Downtown's rooftop bar PH-D, where DJ Dalton'll spin and the NYPD Pipes and Drums band will march through the party led by a special leprechaun. Email SunsetSats@gmail.com for table reservations
- Head to Barcade to watch their first "high-stakes competitive video game event", where players hopefully including Fred Savage's brother not named Ben will gun for $1,000 by running through a six-game gauntlet including Defender, Joust, Robotron: 2084, and not Gauntlet. There will be beer; check out the deets
- You know there's a three-day pub crawl for St. Patty's. Get involved
- Celebrate the aforementioned snake-chase with Irish breakfast, a cocktail class, and tastes of various whiskies from 12-230p at The Dead Rabbit. Get your tix here
- Hit Italian chophouse Forty2West (42 W 48th St, btwn 5th and 6th Aves) for happy hour action including plates of housemade charcuterie, Italian craft beers, and cocktails rocking "mint ice cubes". Check out the menu here
- Do your best to get a table at brand-new Italian already-hot spot Carbone (181 Thompson St nr Bleecker, 212.254.3000), from the team behind nearby Torrisi and Parm. Take a look at a very nice, artistic drawing of the place
- Hit J.Press's new flagship at 304 Bleecker to shop its similarly fresh York St collection. Scope the goods
- Stock up on your traditional Irish Malibu at newly opened Heritage Wines at 237 DeKalb Ave in BK, or give them a call (718.237.1525) to see about the classes they're offering. Booze classes!
- Every Fri/Sat for the next two or three months, hit the #HOOKxNail pop-up lounge put on by Son's of Essex's Matt Levine and Michael Shah, on the 3rd floor of an art gallery-by-day/this-thing-by-night at 53 Gansevoort. Email HOOKxNail@indieFORK.com for more info.
Openings Ongoing Things You'd Better Do
Ongoing Things You'd Better Do