Make sure you knock the food portion of the festivities out of the park
Yes, we realize that’s a baseball metaphor, but “hit paydirt” seemed a little unappetizing here. But speaking of appetizing, let’s talk food! First, dial up an appetizers calculator before you shop. As for your menu, it’s pretty much mandatory to include wings and guacamole—the nation will consume 1.33 billion wings on the day, along with 105 million pounds of avocado—but don’t be afraid to go off the beaten path. Why not deviled eggs (in case your team lays one), or bacon-mac-and-cheese deep-fried balls, or any one of these next-level options? If you’re pressed for time, not an appetizer ninja, or both, whip up some incredibly easy yet absurdly tasty two-ingredient appetizers, such as:
- Bacon wrapped dates
- Bacon wrapped shrimp
- Bacon wrapped mushrooms
- Bacon wrapped … anything!
- Pear slices with blue cheese (Too fancy for you? Nah. Delicious? Definitely.)
- Hard boiled eggs, sliced in half, topped with Old Bay Seasoning (much easier than deviled)
- Chicken sausage and apple slices, skewered
- Baked brie and jam
- And for a pro-dip-tip: Soy sauce added to sour cream makes a delicious dip. Just stir it in till it tastes right to you.