Equal parts vodka, coconut puree, and nigori-style sake, this cocktail, from Roku, a Japanese restaurant in West Hollywood, is great-looking, tasty, and versatile. The unfiltered, slightly cloudy style of sake adds body to the drink while still retaining a certain lightness. Combined with the coconut puree, it’s like a spin on a Piña Colada that works equally well for warm- or cold-weather sipping.
Here’s how to make it:
- 1 oz coconut puree
- 1 oz Absolut Elyx
- 1 oz Rock Cloud sake
- .75 oz Dolin Blanc vermouth
- .5 oz yuzu
- .5 oz Aperol
- Add coconut puree, vodka, sake, vermouth and yuzu to a shaker tin with ice.
- Shake to combine and chill.
- Strain over fresh ice in a Collins glass.
- Float Aperol and garnish with a blood orange wheel.
Thrillist's Best (and the Rest): What's the Perfect Fast Food Meal?