Before Dogpatch bartender Alicia Walton mixed her own signature cocktails, she got her stripes putting new twists on the classics. So with spring and the Kentucky Derby upon us, we hit her up for a new take on the the mint julep. (Also, an "Accidental Lover" is just so much more fun to order.)
- 1.1 ounce Bulleit bourbon
- .23 ounce palo cortado sherry (Lustau)
- .25 ounce rich simple syrup (made with turbinado sugar)
- 4-5 basil leaves
- Mix ingredients in a tin and shake.
- Fine strain over crushed ice in a tall glass.
- Top with a basil leaf bouquet.