Kick Off the Holiday Season In Style with a Raspberry Chocolate Martini
A decadent yet balanced mix of Kahlúa, Chambord (raspberry liqueur), and heavy cream, the Raspberry Chocolate Martini at New York City wine bar Ayza is a runaway best-seller. It’s topped with a fresh raspberry and high-quality chocolate shavings from famed pastry chef Jacques Torres, and Zafer Sevimcok, the man who created it, says the drink’s wild popularity actually caused a supply problem for his team. So he raised the price, thinking it would slow the demand. Perhaps not surprisingly (especially if you’ve tasted the concoction), this move backfired. “People ordered more!” says Sevimcok.
Here’s how you can make it at home this holiday season (or anytime you feel like having a terrific dessert cocktail):
- 1.5 oz Kahlúa
- 1.5 oz Chambord
- 1 oz heavy cream
- Dark chocolate shavings, for garnish
- Fresh raspberry, for garnish
- Add Kahlúa, Chambord, and cream to a shaker tin with ice, and shake to combine.
- Strain into a chilled Coupe glass.
- Sprinkle dark chocolate shavings on top and garnish with a raspberry.