Anchored by London Dry gin, with floral accents from Earl Grey tea syrup and subtle perfume notes courtesy of lavender bitters, this Supercall original is an ideal concoction for anyone pining for spring (which is pretty much everyone, as far as we can tell). It’s an herbal take on a traditional Gin Fizz, with fresh lemon juice and soda spritzing things up, and egg whites adding a light, bright foam.
Here’s the complete recipe:
- 2 oz gin
- .75 oz fresh lemon juice
- .75 oz Early Grey tea syrup
- 2 egg whites
- Club soda, to top
- 3 dashes lavender bitters, plus more for garnish
- Lavender sprigs, for garnish
- Add gin, lemon juice, tea syrup, lavender bitters, and egg whites to a shaker tin.
- Dry shake (no ice).
- Add ice to the tin, and shake for at least one minute more.
- Strain over fresh ice in a Collins glass, and top with soda.
- Dash a few drops of lavender bitters into the foam, and, using a toothpick, swirl the bitters into the foam. Garnish with lavender sprigs.
Really Dough's Mark & Scott Take a Bunch of Shots, Do Blind Pizza Taste Test, Argue a Lot