Courtesy of Nick Korbee at the super-popular Egg Shop in New York City, this delicious winter warmer comes with smoked maple bourbon, hot apple cider, and salted caramel. Need we say more? Ok, there’s also fresh lemon juice for a jolt of tartness, spicy sweet Amaro Nonino, and, on top, fresh grated nutmeg. It’s pretty amazing, and here’s how you make it:
- 8 oz apple cider
- .75 oz fresh lemon juice
- 2 oz smoked maple bourbon
- .25 oz Amaro Nonino
- .75 oz salted caramel sauce
- Cinnamon stick, for garnish
- Fresh grated nutmeg
- Bring cider to a simmer in a small saucepan over low heat while you measure the lemon juice, bourbon, and amaro into a mug.
- Pour hot cider into the mug and drizzle in the caramel sauce.
- Stir with cinnamon stick and top with fresh grated nutmeg.
Really Dough's Mark & Scott Take a Bunch of Shots, Do Blind Pizza Taste Test, Argue a Lot