Jeff Zillmann of Houston haunt Anvil created this mysteriously named, Manhattan-esque cocktail. With a base of fig-infused bourbon, a half-ounce of Cynar, a barspoon of cinnamon syrup, and a dash of spicy tiki bitters, it’s got balance and depth, along with a richness perfect for wintertime sipping. As for that name, well, you’ll have to ask the folks at Anvil.
Here’s how they make it:
- 1.5 oz fig-infused bourbon
- .5 oz Cynar
- .25 oz Punt e Mes vermouth
- 1 barspoon cinnamon syrup
- 1 dash Bittermens Elemakule tiki bitters
- Cinnamon stick, for garnish
- Artichoke petal, for garnish
- Add all ingredients except garnishes to a mixing glass with ice.
- Stir to chill and combine, then strain over fresh ice in a Rocks glass.
- Garnish with an artichoke petal and a cinnamon stick.
Really Dough's Mark & Scott Take a Bunch of Shots, Do Blind Pizza Taste Test, Argue a Lot