Win at Friendsgiving with these Vodka Cran Jello Shots
There are a lot of ways to spiff up the simple Vodka Cranberry cocktail, but none of them are quite as much fun as these Vodka Cran Jello Shots. Whip up a batch and be the hero of your Friendsgiving weekend, without having to brave the hazards of deep-fried turkey, or troubleshoot pesky pie crusts.
Here’s how to make ‘em:
- 1 1/4 cups cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup tart cranberry juice
- 2 1/2 packets of unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 3/4 cup vodka
- Fresh whipped cream,* for garnish
- Combine cranberry juice with gelatin powder in a saucepan, and allow to sit for a few minutes. Heat on low and stir until gelatin dissolves.
- Remove from heat and add orange liqueur, tart cranberry juice, vodka and stir.
- Pour mixture plastic shot glasses and refrigerate overnight.
- Top with a dollop of fresh whipped cream.
*Fresh whipped cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Chill a metal bowl in the fridge.
- Pour cream and sugar into chilled bowl.
- Whisk until stiff peaks form.