More Like This
Yield: Serves 35
- 30oz Bulleit Bourbon (you will need 2 bottles in order to get to 30oz. Each bottle contains 25.4oz).
- 10oz Pimm's #1
- 10oz cucumber syrup* (recipe below)
- 15oz fresh lemon juice
- 3 1/8tsp Fee Brothers Cranberry Bitters
- 60oz lemon-lime soda
- 1 whole cucumber -- peeled and diced (approximately 2 cups)
- 1 small pinch of salt
- 1 large saucepan
- 6c cane sugar
- 4.5c water
- For the cucumber syrup: Add sugar, salt and water to saucepan and bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer and add cucumbers. Allow to simmer slowly for 15 minutes.
- Be careful doing next step: Strain syrup into plastic vessel using a large mesh strainer (chinoise) to remove cucumber flesh. Allow to cool then place in quart containers marked with the item’s name and date. Store in refrigerator.
- For the cocktail: Add all ingredients, except for soda, into a gallon container. Once at the ballpark and ready to dispense, add the soda and pour over ice into your tailgating red plastic solo cup.
- Add yellow/gold straw (or red and white striped one) and lemon wheel.