You know what's awesome during the Summer? Jell-O Pudding Pops. Where the hell did those go, anyway? But coming in a close second is drinking on a roof, which is why we spent months doing it just to bring you our top seven favorites in the city:
The Best Cheap Chicken Slider in DC
7. 1905 1905 9th St NW; U Street; 202.332.1905 Right off 9th St, this hidden gem's a perfect getaway from the U St crowd and is cute as hell with its stained glass, vine-covered trellis, and steel framing from a Wyoming barn.
6. H St Country Club 335 H St NE; Shaw; 202.399.4722 With its lifeguard chairs and strung-up light bulbs, the beach-themed top deck of H St Country Club makes up for its lack of sand with margs & tacos, plus ping pong and cornhole.
5. Jack Rose 2007 18th St NW; Adams Morgan; 202.588.7388 The whiskey saloon packs in 160 on the main floor, where the retractable giant roof provides cover from the potential rain, and, if you forget your umbrella, don't worry: the back tiki bar has plenty of those.
4. Brixton 901 U St NW; U Street; 202.560.5045 Green marble bars and wrought-iron railings are what'll surround you at this very, very big deck/roof at the corner of 9th and U St, where you'll grab an English brew on tap and then get even more bitter(s) when you have to head downstairs to use the loo.
3. Observatory 1075 Thomas Jefferson St NW; Georgetown; 202.337.0900 Located on top of the Graham hotel, the Observatory is the only public roof deck in Georgetown, and this 3000sqft monster is where you'll sip on hand-crafted cocktails and make weird existential comments while taking in the panoramic views of DC & VA.
2. POV 515 15th St NW; 202.661.2400 Point of View is aptly named because this rooftop terrace has very strong opinions about topical things overlooks the White House and provides stunning views of the Washington Monument. And while it lacks a great happy hour, the view, rotating list of international DJs, and seasonal 'tails tip the scale in its favor.
1. DNV 1155 14th St NW; Logan Circle; 202.737.1200 14 floors up, DNV takes the cake, then eats it while you gape at the stunning views from the pool and lounge accented by sleek chrome and dark wood. Their solid list of happy hour drinks -- including punches, sangrias, 'tails on tap, frozen beverages, and seasonal cocktails -- ensure their spot on top.