1. Dinkel's Bakery3329 N Lincoln Ave, Chicago
2. Abundance Bakery105 E 47th St, Chicago
3. Glazed & Infused939 W Armitage Ave, Chicago
4. Old Fashioned Donuts11248 S Michigan Ave, Chicago
5. Stan's Donuts & Coffee1560 N Damen Ave, Chicago
6. Endgrain1851 W Addison St, Chicago
7. Spunky Dunkers3441 N Arlington Heights Rd, Arlington Heights
8. Dunk Donuts1912 W Lake St, Chicago
9. Bennison's Bakery1000 Davis St, Evanston
10. Roeser's Bakery3216 W North Ave, Chicago
Dinkel's is serving up some insanely delicious baked goods, but be sure to hone in on their donuts and specialized cakes.
In the biz since 1990, the cake-masters at Abundance are serving up creative confections -- from wedding cakes to pecan-covered chocolate numbers and more out of their homey shop.
Glazed & Infused is a doughnut-and-dessert eatery with locations in a few places around the city -- and they're serving up treats like the Maple Bacon Long John with maple frosting and a strip of candied bacon. CANDIED. BACON.
Old Fashioned Donuts has delicious, melt-in-your-mouth pastries that include a huge Texas donut and an even bigger apple fritter -- so maybe you should bring a friend.
It goes without saying, but Stan most definitely is the man because of his myriad of fresh-baked 'nuts and fresh-made coffee.
Endgrain is a Roscoe Village, farm-fresh restaurant that's turning out innovative cuisine (think fried chicken with PORK GRAVY and bacon/butterscotch donuts).
You really can't beat a donut spot with a drive thru, or one with an always-changing "Donut of the Month", so you're gonna want to head to this Arlington Heights joint ASAP.
This is perhaps one of the few donut shops that have perfected the art of making these delectable pastries. If you're wondering what to try on a menu that's full of perfection, go for the Lemon Donut with powdered sugar and lemon custard.
Located in Evanston, Bennison's has delicious donuts, cupcakes (try the red velvet), and a slew of other baked goods for you to treat yourself with.
This historic family-owned bakery is known for its ultra-creative custom cakes (ie. hot dog, barber pole, and Wonder Woman cakes). They also offer traditional wedding cakes, cookies, tortes, and low-glycemic options.