1. St. John Bar and Restaurant26 St. John St, London
2. Hix Oyster and Chop House36-37 Greenhill Rents, London
3. Viet Grill58 Kingsland Rd, London
4. The Lady Ottoline11a Northington St, , London
5. Boundary2-4 Boundary St, Shoreditch
6. The Red Lion & Sun25 North Rd, London
7. Tramshed32 Rivington St, London
8. 1 Lombard Street1 Lombard St, London
If you're looking for world-class traditional British recipes, St. John is a no-brainer in Smithfield. This resto is consistently voted one of the best in the WORLD and it's a favorite of star chef Anthony Bourdain.
Their signature British menu changes daily and features oysters from around the British Isles, as well as a selection of meats, and steaks on the bone.
Viet Grill is a top-notch Vietnamese hub that also happens to be BYOB -- cheers!
This centrally based gastropub is a refurbished 200yr-old bar, featuring a pair of floors of dark wood fittings and a large roaring fireplace.
Offering authentic French cuisine and brilliant views, Boundary's a resto and drinkery that also doubles as a boutique hotel.
At the Red Lion and Sun, they are so focused on serving up meat, that they feature a spit roast menu, the likes of which can feed a large group of large people.
After you enter the Tramshed through its massive doors, a large sunlight-filled warehouse space opens up before you, but your focus will quickly change once you take a bite into one of their steaks, chickens, or other meat-o-tastic options.
If you are dining at 1 Lombard Street, chances are you are entertaining a guest at dinner or brokering a deal at this lunch hotspot. The magnificent Pietro Agostini-designed dome centered above the bar is worth the trip alone.