This Service Ships You Food From ANYWHERE in the Country in Just 24 Hours!
Halibut with Morels and Asparagus (Courtesy of Executive Chef Michael Cimarusti)
- 4 4 oz Fillets halibut
- 1lb morel mushrooms
- 2 diced shallots
- 12 peeled, blanched asparagus tips
- 1 bunch chopped chive
- 1 lemon
- Simple lemon vinaigrette
- 5 oz butter
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Clean the morels thoroughly in several changes of cold water. Quarter the morels.
- Place the morels in a non-reactive saucepan with one ounce butter, the shallot and a squeeze of lemon, cover the morels and allow them to simmer slowly while you cook the fish.
- Dry the fish with paper towels and season both sides with salt and Espelette pepper.
- Warm a large skillet and add olive oil to coat the pan. When the oil begins to smoke add the halibut.
- Cook the halibut on high heat until the fish begins to brown lightly.
- Place the skillet in a 350-degree oven for 2 minutes.
- While the halibut is in the oven add the remaining 2 oz of butter to the morels to thicken their juices.
- In a separate pan, melt 2 oz butter until it begins to brown and roast the asparagus tips until they are well browned, season with salt and pepper.
- Taste the mushrooms and their juices and adjust as needed with salt and lemon.
- Remove the fish from the pan and place it on paper towels to rest.
- Add the chopped chives to the mushrooms and divide them among four warmed bowls and place the fish on top.
- Spoon some of the morel juice over the fish, place the asparagus spears around the fish and serve.