The Worst Winter States
1. Wilensky's34 Ave Fairmount Ouest, Montréal
2. A.A. Restaurant3702 Notre-Dame O., Montréal
3. Green Spot3041 rue Notre-Dame Ouest, Montreal
4. Decarie Hot Dog953 Decarie Boul , Saint-Laurent
5. Salonica5261 Rue Saint-Denis, Montréal
6. Moe's Diner1455 rue Lambert-Closse, Montreal
7. Beaubien Nouveau Système323, rue Beaubien E, Montréal
8. Fameux Viande Fumée et Charcuterie4500 rue Saint-Denis, Montréal
9. Paul Patates2606 Rue de Coleraine, Montréal
10. Beauty's93 Ave du Mont-Royal Ouest, Montréal
Think old-school -- like, ring-up cash register and old-fashioned soda fountain old-school. Wilensky's opened in 1932, and their "Wilensky's Special" -- a deliciously simple grilled sandwich with all-beef salami, all-beef baloney, and a hint of mustard -- has been a solid local favorite ever since.
If you just NEED an old-fashioned greasy spoon diner experience, then A.A. is one of the best places in Montreal to start.
This local diner is styled to resemble a mid-century greasy spoon-style establishment, and the 27 different poutine options on the menu give you plenty of greasy goodness to revel in. There's also more traditional diner-type grub, and Green Spot serves up some breakfast specials that are not to be missed either.
This hole-in-the-wall hot dog joint serves up some of the best dogs, French fries, and poutine in Montreal. Just don't expect to sit down... as there isn't much room.
This diner and pizza place dishes out everything you could want from wings, to poutine, to subs & more.
With a name like Moe's Diner, you know it's gonna be serving up classic eats, but unlike most classic diners, you can also hang out in the evenings to watch sports.
Here you'll find some tasty sammies and other standard (but delicious) diner food.
This place is simple, but tasty, and you won't find better burgers or pizza for the price around town.
Since it has potatoes in its name, your best bet is to order some diner food consisting of spuds and enjoying the simple and pleasant atmosphere.