Per the study's requirements, eligible participants must:
- Be 18-62 years old.
- Be willing to eat and drink only MRE items for 21 consecutive days.
- Not be trying to lose weight.
- Be willing to give blood, urine and fecal samples.
- Not have a history of gastrointestinal problems.
- Meet additional screening criteria.
As a volunteer, you'll either eat your normal diet for 31 days as part of a control group, or the MREs for 21 days, plus your normal diet for 10 days. Oh, and of course, you need to be able to come to the organization's lab in Natick, MA for about 3 hours at a time on four separate occasions, and 30-60 minutes, three days a week, during the study.
If you're looking to make $200, or just want to serve your country by eating, send an email to Nick at this email address.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.