4. Thou shall wield chopsticks (or a fork) in one hand and a spoon in the other to efficiently get everything into the mouth.
5. Thou shall put a spent lime wedge on the table or a refuse dish to avoid treating pho like a cocktail and having a slight bitter taste in the bowl.
6. Thou shall pluck fresh herb leaves from their stems and tear up large ones to drop into the bowl, setting the barren sprigs on the table or a refuse dish.
7. Thou shall try spearmint as a pho herb option because it's super old-school and just as good as, if not better than, Thai basil.
8. Thou shall consider and try all-cooked beef pho to savor an ultra-traditional bowl in which the meat is one with the broth.
9. Thou shall say "cam on" ("cahm uhn") to thank the person who made the pho.
10. Thou shall slurp to show appreciation for the pho.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.