More From Amp Up Your Summer
- 6 slices bacon
- 6 hot dogs
- 6 bamboo BBQ skewers
- Take a stick and pierce one end of the bacon, sliding the bacon halfway down.
- Carefully take a hot dog and push the stick through, from the bottom to top. Go slowly so you don’t make the stick poke out through the side of the hot dog.
- Wrap the bacon around the hot dog in an upward fashion. Secure the end of the bacon on the top of the stick.
- Place over fire or grill until bacon is cooked and hot dog is charred.
- Cool dogs down before taking a bite -- bacon burns are too real.
Yield: 8 Pizzas
- 4 English Muffins, split
- ½ cup jarred tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Sliced pepperoni, veggies (optional)
- Lay the English Muffins on a layer of tin foil.
- Spread about 1 tbsp of sauce on each English Muffin half.
- Top with a sprinkle of cheese (don’t have to be exact here -- cheese is wonderful)
- Top with pepperoni or veggies.
- Place tin foil on a grill rack set over the fire and cook until cheese is melted. If you like to get the bottom more browned, remove tin foil and hold over the fire for a few seconds with tongs. Be careful not to drop in the fire, because that would be sad.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: Serves 4
- Half a bag of frozen crinkle cut fries or shoestring, thawed
- Half a can of pre-made chili with beans
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese (or whatever cheese you prefer)
- Sliced jalapeños, scallions (optional)
- Take a large sheet of tin foil and layer with another piece of tin foil, cross wise so it looks like a plus sign. Fold in the edges of the tin foil so the sides stick up a little and create a bowl-like shape to hold everything in.
- Pour the fries out on the tin foil and place on the rack to cook for 7-10 minutes until crisp.
- Remove the fries from the rack, add the chili and sprinkle with cheese. Top with a tent of tin foil so it heats and melts the cheese faster.
- Put the packet back on the grill rack and cook until cheese is melted, another 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle with scallions and/or jalapeños, if you desire.