This Is Colorado-Style Pizza
"Anything is dictated by how good the ingredients are."
Lemon, Pecorino, and Red Onion Topping
Yield: Makes enough for 1 focaccia
- ½ pound young pecorino or manchego, thinly shaved
- lemons, sliced into paper-thin rounds and seeds removed
- ½ red onion, very thinly sliced into rings
- Leaves from 1 rosemary sprig
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Directions:Scatter the pecorino over the dough, leaving a 1-inch border all around. Arrange the lemon slices evenly over the pecorino and follow with the onion slices. Sprinkle the rosemary over the top and season with the salt. Finish with a few good lashes of olive oil.
Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Rotate the pan front to back and bake for about 15 minutes more, until the lemons and dough are golden brown. Remove the focaccia from the pan, transfer to a wire rack, and cool for at least 10 minutes. Cut into squares and serve warm.