Chow Down on This Quadruple Stack Burger
- 1 tablespoon Just Mayo
- 1 tablespoon horseradish mustard
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon five-spice powder
- ¼ teaspoon Sriracha
- 2 cups Yukon Gold potatoes, grated
- 1 cup sunchokes, grated
- ¼ cup red onion
- 2 eggs, whisked
- ½ tablespoon minced rosemary
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose cricket flour
- 1 cup mealworms
- 1 teaspoon Himilayan pink salt
- Olive oil, to coat baking sheet
- Chives, chopped
Directions:Latke Sauce Instructions:
- Whisk Just Mayo, horseradish mustard, yogurt, maple syrup, five-spice powder, and Sriracha together in mixing bowl and set aside in fridge.
Mealworm Latkes Instructions:
- Place an olive-oiled baking sheet into oven and preheat oven to 450°F.
- Line a large mixing bowl with a lint-free kitchen towel and add the potatoes, sunchokes and red onion to the bowl.
- Wring excess liquid from the grated ingredients.
- Release wrung ingredients into a dry, large mixing bowl.
- Add egg, rosemary and cricket flour to grated ingredients and combine.
- Stir in mealworms and himalayan pink salt.
- Remove baking sheet from oven, drop batter in the desired size onto baking pan and return to oven for 6 minutes.
- Flip Latkes and cook for 6 more minutes on the other side.
- Serve on a plate with sauce and chives.
- ⅓ cup honeyworms
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup all-purpose cricket flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoon five-spice powder
- 2 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup cream cheese, whipped
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 egg
- ⅛ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a small mixing bowl, mix 1 tablespoon honey with the honeyworms and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together cricket flour, baking powder, baking soda, five-spice powder and ginger in a large mixing bowl. Set Aside.
- Combine cream cheese, coconut oil, maple syrup, egg and salt until creamy and smooth.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients and mix until evenly incorporated.
- Measure enough dough for desired size and roll into a ball.
- Put powdered sugar on a plate and roll dough balls to thoroughly cover, puncture middle with your thumb and fill with the honeyworms.
- Place on a baking tray and put into the oven for 14-20 minutes.
- Remove tray with cookies and sift powdered sugar over cookies and let cool about 5-10 minutes.
Grinch Bug Nog
- 1 cup cashew milk, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons mini white chocolate baking chips
- ⅛ teaspoon green food coloring
- 3 tablespoons critter bitters
- Whipped cream, for topping
- Heat cashew milk and chocolate in a medium saucepan over low heat until chocolate is melted.
- Remove from heat and whisk in green food coloring until well combined.
- Add critter bitters, whisk a little and pour into a mug.
- Top with whipped cream.
Cricket Roast with Gravy
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup red onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- ½ cup portobello mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1 cup crickets, thawed
- 1 ½ cups kidney beans, cooked in salted rosemary water
- 1 ½ cups green lentils, cooked in salted cinnamon apple cider vinegar water
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, packed
- 6 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 cup cricket flour
- 1 cup hemp milk
- 1 cup kidney bean water or any broth/stock
- 1 cup Yukon Gold potatoes, grated
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup crickets
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- Pomegranate seeds, to garnish
- Thyme leaves, to garnish
Directions:Cricket Roast Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 375°F, grease a loaf tin with olive oil and line with foil paper.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and sauté the onion and garlic on medium-high heat until soft.
- Add the mushroom, carrot and crickets and cook for another 5-7 minutes and remove from heat.
- Transfer ingredients from pan into large mixing bowl, add the remaining ingredients and combine thoroughly with your hands or a masher.
- Don't over-mash, just enough so that the mixture comes together.
- Transfer the mixture into the loaf tin and cook for 40-50 minutes until the outside develops a crust and the inside is firm.
- Serve with chirp gravy.
Chirp Gravy Instructions:
- Bring ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan, reduce to a simmer and cook 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer gravy to a blender and blend ingredients until smooth.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over high heat and sauté crickets for 5-10 minutes until desired crispiness.
- Add 1 tablespoon tamari, cook 1 minute more, then add gravy to pan and reduce to low for 5 minutes.
- Finish with 1 tablespoon tamari and serve over cricket roast with pomegranate seeds & thyme leaves.