Buffalo Chicken Beer Cheese Fondue Fries Are Like an Edible Sports Bar
Doug Thornton's Fire-glazed Molested Pork Recipe
- 1 5-7 pound pork loin roast
- 3 smoked sausages
- 1 (4-ounce) jar habanero-pineapple jelly, warmed
- 1 cup Squealer Dust
- 1 cup spiced rum
- 1 large onion, sliced into 1/2-inch rings
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons regular sugar
- 2 tablespoons seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons basil
- Take a long-bladed knife and push it all the way through the loin lengthwise. Remove the blade, turn it 90°, and push it through once again, creating a "+" in the loin.
- With a fork, prick the sausage all over to allow the juices to cook out into the loin.
- Push the smoked sausage into the cut in the loin until it starts to come out the other side. Rub both sides of the loin and the ends with the Squealer Dust and let it set for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to cook, place the sliced onions in a 12” Dutch oven and place the loin on top of the onions. Next pour in the spiced rum.
- Cover and let cook for 1 hour at 350°. Remove the lid and brush on the habanero-pineapple jelly, cover and cook for another 10 minutes, repeat in another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it sit for 10 minutes then slice and serve.