Thrillist invited 11 restaurants to a party for the sole purpose of
inflaming their jealousy of each other to see which one liked us most seeing what kind of crazy tacos they could invent. Bronx Baking Co. met the challenge, and came up with the Pork & Pretzel Taco. Here's how to make the stuffing:
3 lbs pork shoulder
10 strips bacon
1 large sweet onion (halved & sliced)
4 carrots (peeled & halved)
3.5-4 cups chicken broth (low sodium)
3 sprigs rosemary
6 bay leaves
2 cups water
2 cups sauerkraut (rinsed & drained)
1 green apple (thinly sliced)
1 red cabbage (shredded)
1 cup Jarlsberg (shredded)
1) Brown the pork shoulder.
2) Caramelize onions in oil.
3) In a roasting pan, combine pork shoulder, onions, bacon, rosemary, carrots, bay leaf, water, sauerkraut, and 3 cups chicken broth. Cover with foil.
4) Cook for 2hrs at 375 degrees.
5) Halfway through, add 1/2 to 1 full cup of broth (if needed).
6) Uncover the pork @ 1hr and 40mins.
How to prep the taco: Mustard on the bottom, apples slices against one side. Stuff with pork, and finish with shredded cabbage and cheese.