Honey-Roasted Pumpkin Ravioli with Brown Butter
- 2 packages Trader Joe's Honey-Roasted Pumpkin Ravioli
- 1 stick butter
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (about ¼ of a lemon)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon each of salt and pepper
- Shaved Parmesan to garnish
- Cook ravioli according to package directions. Set aside. That was easy, right? Have a drink to celebrate!
- Toast pine nuts in pan over low heat, stirring frequently until golden and nutty-smelling… that'll take about 2 minutes. Easy, right? How about a top-off?
- To make the brown butter, melt a stick over low heat until foamy. Turn up the heat to medium and stir constantly, scraping sides and bottom of pan until the butter gets very foamy. That'll take about 5 minutes. Continue stirring until butter browns and smells nutty. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper. Phew! That was hard. You deserve a reward…
- Add half of the drained, cooked ravioli to the buttery pan, making sure not to crowd it (it'll stick together). Turn gently when ravioli is slightly golden and lightly crispy. Repeat with remaining ravioli. Put in serving dish and drizzle with the remaining brown butter.
- Toss 2 big handfuls of arugula with a drizzle of lemon and olive oil just to coat lightly, then season with salt and pepper. Place on top of ravioli, sprinkle with pine nuts, and shave Parmesan on top. Phew. You must be thirsty…