Drink This Winter Bourbon Smash and Conquer Cold Weather Forever
- For the Biscuits:
- 1 package (11.5 ounces) TJ's roasted sweet potato wedges
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 ½ cups TJ's Buttermilk Pancake & All-Purpose Baking Mix
- ½ cup milk
- For the Maple Butter:
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter
- Mash defrosted sweet potatoes in a large bowl until blended and soft. Add nutmeg, maple syrup, cinnamon, salt, and cayenne pepper (you can taste the mixture and adjust seasoning to your liking).
- Add baking mix and blend well. Next, add oil and milk to the mixture, stirring until soft dough forms. If dough is too sticky, add more baking mix a little at a time until it's still soft, but no longer sticky.
½-inch-thick rectangle. Using a round biscuit or cookie cutter, cut out circles of dough, placing on lined baking sheet about ½ inch apart.)
- Bake on center rack of oven at 425°F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 3 minutes before serving.
- For that maple butter, take about 1 ½ sticks of unsalted, room-temperature butter and mix it thoroughly with 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup (use a stand mixer if you have it, though a hand mixer or vigorous stirring with a wooden spoon will do the trick too). If you want it sweeter, add more syrup and repeat.