Trapizzino: Sandwich or Pizza?
The Perfect PB&J Recipe
Total Time: 2 minutes
Yield: 1 massive sandwich
- 1/4 cup your favorite organic peanut butter
- 1/4 cup the best-looking organic mixed berry jam at your grocery store
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 ½-inch slices of quality white bread from a local baker (brioche or challah)
- Choose your favorite organic peanut butter (or almond, which the chef prefers). It's best if you can grind it yourself at the store.
- Refrigerate the jam for at least 2 hours, as you want it to be nice and cold.
- Spoon the peanut butter evenly on the bread. Spread it right up to the edge.
- Sprinkle the sea salt on top of the peanut butter.
- Spoon the berry jam onto the peanut butter. With the back of the spoon, evenly spread the jam across the sandwich to the edge.
- Top it off and eat immediately. You don't want the bread going stale as it sits out.