First Taco Bell clandestinely rolls out a Sriracha menu, and now this? Pizza Hut was recently found to have trademarked a number of menu item names, possibly indicating the imminent release of a line of innovative new pies. Now, what can we expect from the first chain pizzeria to adopt stuffed crust? The names are a bit on the vague side, but let's check them out anyway.
Most notably, perhaps, is the "Pretzel Piggy", which hints that they're experimenting with pretzel-crust pizza just like Little Caesars so successfully did in the last few months. Here's the full list of trademarked names, along with our (wild) speculations about what they really mean:
1. Old Fashioned Meatbrawl - Everyone remembers the storied meatbrawls of old. This one will probably include a belligerent mix of sausage, pepperoni, and maybe an even-more-volatile meat.
2. Garden Party - Ugh, vegetables.
3. Cock-A-Doodle Bacon - If we know our animal sounds (and we like to think we do), this one most likely connotes a combination of bacon and chicken.
4. Giddy-Up BBQ Chicken - The only BBQ chicken pizza approved by Cosmo Kramer.
5. Pretzel Piggy - Bacon and pretzel, together at last -- finally ends that will-they-won't-they chemistry.
6. Cherry Pepper Bombshell - An intriguing, tangy new addition to pizza; cherry peppers haven't really been seen on the pie scene yet, and they're apparently about to be dropped.
7. 7-Alarm Fire - SEVEN alarms?! That's a lot of alarms. This one's probably spicy. Keep your local fire crew on call.
8. Hot and Twisted - Probably not, as many would guess, a Bikram yoga pizza. This one's most likely pretzel-crusted and hot. Or just really, really messed up.